CyberKnife® for Lung Tumors
CyberKnife robotic radiosurgery painlessly delivers precise beams of radiation to tumors and lesions, without requiring incisions, hospitalization, or long recovery time. It can serve as an effective lung cancer treatment and is an especially good option for patients with early stage lung cancer, complex tumors or patients who prefer a non-invasive way to treat their cancer.
4 Years Post-Treatment
“I found out I had cancer in one lung and an entirely different type of cancer int he other lung. I couldn’t have surgery in both lungs because there was a chance I would have to be on an oxygen tank for the rest of my life. CyberKnife was great. There were no side effects, and it was a lot better than the surgery.
It was a relief that I could have CyberKnife for one tumor rather than a second surgery and risk being on an oxygen tank for the rest of my life.”
– Donna C., Lung Cancer Patient
Key Advantages of CyberKnife for Lung Tumors
- Treats patients in 5 or fewer visits, depending on tumor size, volume, and location
- Constantly corrects for patient/tumor movement throughout treatment, ensuring radiation beams are always locked on tumor during treatment
- Respiratory tracking feature requires no breath-holding or respiratory gating by patient
- Reaches tumors from virtually unlimited directions with robotic mobility
- Enables clinicians to maximize and conform the dose to the tumor target while limiting radiation exposure to surrounding healthy tissue
- Outpatient procedure, little or no recovery time and minimal side effects
- Requires no anesthesia
- Allows for an immediate return to normal activities